List of Archives, Library and Museum Grant Sources
- Andrew W. Mellon Foundation - higher education and scholarship (liberal arts), museums, and information technology grants
- Benton Foundation - resources for digital divide issues; "does not accept unsolicited grant applications or offer general grants"
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Grants for U.S. Libraries - Lists available grants and grant recipients by state
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Public Access Computer Hardware Upgrade Grant Program - Michigan
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Foundation Center - locate grants by keyword; $19.95/month minimum membership required
- Digitization for Preservation and Access (DPA) Grants - Michigan
- E-rate - Michigan
- Foundation Grants for Preservation in Libraries, Archives, and Museums - free resource guide provided by the Foundation Center and the Library of Congress for preservation and conservation grants
- Foundation Grants to Individuals - $9.95/month fee
- Getty Foundation - funds the arrangement and description of papers resulting in an electronic finding aid
- Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation - startup grants
- Haynes Foundation - limited to archival projects in or about Los Angeles
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) - supports "scientists and educators, colleges and universities, museums, and biomedical research organizations", and offers grants for institutions and individuals; "HHMI does not encourage and rarely funds unsolicited grant proposals"
- IMLS/LSTA - museum and library grants
- Josiah Macy, Jr. Foundation - medicine and health education grants
- Meyer Memorial Trust
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) - many grants available; supports digital initiatives, preservation and access, education and history
- National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) - archives and records management grants
- National Science Foundation (NSF) - education grants
- Richard Lounsbery Foundation - seed money grants
- WealthEngine - free trial available
- Note: To facilitate improved organization when adding content always post new archives, events, institutions, people, projects, seminal publications, technical handbooks and guides, terms, etc. in the category listed off of the Main Page.