Ambacher, Bruce I.
Bruce I. Ambacher
- Bachelor of Arts from Pennsylvania State University, 1965
- Master of Arts degree in history from Pennsylvania State University, 1967
- Ph.D. from Temple, 1970
"Archives administration, electronic records, digital preservation, national and international digital standards."
- National Archives and Records Administration, 1976?-2007
- Visiting Professor in Library Science and Information Studies, College of Information Studies, University of Maryland, College Park, 2007-Present
Bruce Ambacher Modern Records Program National Archives and Records Administration College Park, MD 20760 (301) 405-2043
Bruce I. Ambacher University of Maryland, College Park College of Information Studies University of Maryland Room 4111G Hornbake Bldg, South Wing College Park, MD 20742-4345 Phone: (301) 405-2043 Fax: (301) 314-9145 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bibliography -- Primary Works, A Chronology
- Ambacher, Bruce I. 1967. American Review: a Whig journal of politics and literature 1845-1852. Thesis (M.A.)--Pennsylvania State University.
- Ambacher, Bruce I. 1974. "The Pennsylvania origins of popular sovereignty". Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography. 98: 339-352.
- University of Texas at Arlington, Elliott West, and Bruce I. Ambacher. 1973. Report of the Self-Study Committee of the Department of History and Philosophy. Arlington, Tex: University of Texas at Arlington.
- Ambacher, Bruce I. 1978. "The National Archives and Secondary Analysis" with Charles M. Dollar. Secondary Analysis. Washington: Jossey-Bass.
- Ambacher, Bruce I. 1981. "National Archives: Data Transfer and Storage" with Charles M. Dollar. Reanalyzing Program Evaluations. Washington: Jossey-Bass.
- Ambacher, Bruce I. 1988. "Managing Machine-Readable Archives" in Managing Archives and Archival Institutions (London: Mansell Publishing Ltd.).
- Ambacher, Bruce I. 1989. Managing machine-readable archives. Managing Archives and Archival Institutions. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, p. 121-133.
- Ambacher, Bruce I. 1989. "Utilizing Computer-Readable Records," with Margaret O. Adams. OAH Newsletter, pp. 12-13.
- Bradsher, James Gregory, and Bruce I. Ambacher. 1992. Archival sampling: a method of appraisal and a means of retention. Technical leaflet series, no. 8. [S.l.]: Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference.
- Ambacher, Bruce I. 1997. "Overview of Archival Practices and Issues" in PE&RS, Journal of the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Vol. LXIII, No. 10, pp. 1155-116.
- Bollinger, Meg, Donald Sawyer, Bruce I. Ambacher, Kathryn D. Sullivan, and Mackenzie Smith. 2002. The OAIS imperative enduring record or digital dust? Steering by standards. Dublin, OH: OCLC.
- Ambacher, Bruce I. 2003. Thirty years of electronic records. Lanham, Md: Scarecrow Press.
- Ambacher, Bruce. 2007. "Government Archives and the Digital Repository Audit Checklist". JoDI, Vol 8, No 2.
- The Pennsylvania origins of popular sovereignty (Full-text)
- Image and CLIS biography
- Additional research materials